The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) has established an Enumerators’ Bureau to accredit and certify field data collectors with the aim of improving the quality of survey and census information that are used for national development planning. The institutionalization of a formal long term engagement with field officers will provide an opportunity to streamline capacity building interventions, build trust between enumerators and respondents and create an opportunity for career development. This has become imperative because, increasingly, both public and private sector institutions rely on data for investment and resolving challenges that confront the nation.
The GSS therefore, invites interested persons who are goal-oriented, results-driven and possess leadership qualities to enrol on the Enumerators’ Bureau.
- Identify boundaries of the assigned Enumeration Area (EA) aided by maps;
- List all structures and enumerate all persons in the EA;
- Obtain complete and accurate responses and capture them correctly during the enumeration exercise;
- Report daily on progress of work;
- Transmit data daily;
- Ensure security of all census materialsand equipment and account for same;
- Support publicity in the district of placement for field work ; and
- Any other duties assigned by the data collection exercise.
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to use smartphones or tablets for data collection;
- Self-motivated with high level commitment to duty;
- Fluent in a local language of the District of interest for field work;
- Field data collection experience is an added advantage.
A minimum of WASSCE/SSCE or Equivalent
REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Residential address/digital address;
- Employment status and experience;
- Age; sex, nationality;
- National ID (passport, driving license, voters ID and national ID);
- Personal and emergency contact numbers;
- Email address;
- Most recent digital/electronic passport size picture with white background (at most three months);
- District of interest for field data collection;
- School certificate/ certificate ID number
Mode of Enrolment
Interested persons should apply online through statsghana.gov.gh